Nothing like homemade healthy versions of your favorite things, right?
This one is a perfect spread for pancakes, waffles, crackers, you name it.
Easy to make and only a few ingredients. Doesn't taste as sweet as store bought nutella, but more like a fererro rocher filling - the taste is creamy and rich.
PREPARATION & COOK TIME: all together around 20-30 minutes
SERVES: 2/3 cup cca 150 gr
• 1 cup raw hazelnuts - you can buy either with skins or without (if you have with skins, there is just one step more)
• 1 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon raw cocoa
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
• Preheat the oven to 175°C.
• Roast the hazelnuts in the oven on baking sheet paper. If you have raw blenched hazelnuts roast them for 8-10 minutes, if they are with skins roast them 12-15 minutes. Roasting helps them warm up and release their natural oils and skins. When done, if you used hazelnuts with skins, put them in a kitchen towel and rub until the the skins are removed. The more skins is left, the bitter it will taste.
• Put the warm hazelnuts in the food processor and blend. Scrap the sides when needed and blend until you get a nut butter.
• Add cocoa, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend together.
• Add maple syrup last BUT NOTE - the more you add it the more the texture will become firmer.
• Transfer to a clean cup and store on a room temperature. It can last 3 weeks without a problem, but you will probably eat it sooner :)
•Serving size: 1 tablespoon
• Calories: 189 kcal • Carbs 8 g • Fat 14,3 g • Protein 6,5 g • Sugar 3,1 g •